New York City, NY — New York City, NY – In the wake of the recent passing of the legendary Tony Bennett, musician Marc Eliot is embarking on a heartfelt endeavor to pay tribute to the iconic singer’s legacy. Eliot has composed a poignant song titled “New York Blue,” and he is seeking renowned artists like to cover this emotionally charged composition.
“New York Blue” is a musical embodiment of the essence of New York City, capturing the bittersweet emotions of longing and memory that arise when separated from a loved one. With its evocative lyrics and soul-stirring melody, the song beautifully conveys the idea of loss while celebrating the enduring spirit of the city. See the music video here.
Marc Eliot believes that the power of music can transcend boundaries and heal hearts. To honor Tony Bennett’s legacy, he is committed to donating all proceeds from “New York Blue” to two impactful organizations in New York City. 90% of the song’s proceeds will be contributed to Exploring the Arts, co-founded by Tony Bennett and Susan Benedetto, while the remaining 10% will go to the Ronald McDonald House of New York City.
“We are reaching out to artists whose voices possess the power to elevate this song to new heights,” says Mark Packard, who is working closely with Marc Eliot on this project. “If you are willing to lend your talent and style to a cover of ‘New York Blue,’ we want to talk to you.”
In a world that is constantly evolving, music has the unique power to connect people and provide solace. Join us in honoring Tony Bennett’s legacy and the indomitable spirit of New York City through the universal language of music.
To learn more and discuss covering New York Blue to pay tribute to Tony Bennett and New York City, please contact Mark Packard at [email protected].
Passionate performer of the great standards, for fans of Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr., Tony Bennet, Michael Bublé, Josh Groban, Adult Contemporary Pop, and Easy Listening.
Marc has performed with a selection of orchestras in New York City and Los Angeles and has been a featured performer in many of New York City’s finest cabarets. As a solo artist, he has toured the country and received enthusiastic rave reviews for his one-man shows including Come Fly With Me – A Tribute To A Legend (showcasing the music of Frank Sinatra), Jolson – You Ain’t Heard Nothin’ Yet!, and Nostalgia. Marc also produced and starred in I Got My Own Style, One Of The Good Guys, I Sing The Songs, I’ll Take Manhattan, With A Song In My Heart, It Was A Very Good Year, and At Last.
In addition to his music creations and performances, Marc has an extensive background and experience in regional theater, summer stock, and Off-Broadway. His musical roles include the lead in Phantom, Marvin in Falsettos, both Richard Henry Lee and Edward Rutledge in 1776, Bobby in Company, Michael in I Do!, I Do!, George in Same Time, Another Year, Arthur in The Tenth Man, and Billy Flynn in Chicago. He’s also enjoyed great success in supporting roles in Jesus Christ Superstar, 42nd Street, and City of Angels.
More info, social media links, and streaming links can be found at https://linktr.ee/marceliotmusic
Google Music: https://music.youtube.com/channel/UCM5yxzumSM7aXmwJJ9ZZNUg?feature=share